Sunday, September 23, 2007

CAD Camps Start Again

The fall CAD Camp season has started. This week found me in St. Louis, Missouri and West Palm Beach, Florida. On Monday, September 17, I flew to St. Louis, arriving in time to attend the Revit Roundtable, the local Revit User Group's meeting, where I presented a version of my BIM-based Collaboration paper. (The handout that accompanies this presentation can be downloaded from my website.)

The next day, I was up bright and early to help with setup. I then delivered four presentations (the handouts can be downloaded from my website):


A complete set of photos from the AUGI CAD Camp in St. Louis is available on my Flickr site.

On Wednesday, it was off to West Palm Beach, Florida. Before we could go to the hotel, however, Matt Murphy and I co-hosted the second in a series of webcasts to help speakers at the upcoming Autodesk University prepare their presentations.

Once we finally made it to the hotel, the entire team plus Assis Haubert Ferreira and Herbert Ortiz, two visitors from Brazil who will be the content managers for the upcoming CAD Camp in Sao Paulo, went out to dinner at City Place in downtown West Palm Beach. We had a wonderful dinner at the Saito Japanese Steak House.



After dinner, we went for ice cream at Sloan's, an interesting little shop also in City Place.



Matt obviously enjoyed the ice cream



Several of us were taken by a curious little animated toy.

Thursday's CAD Camp went very well. This event, hosted by Imaging Technologies, was a our first event ever in West Palm Beach. I presented the same four talks as in St. Louis, so please refer to the links above for the handouts, or visit my website at http://www.dscohn.com/.
A complete set of photos from the AUGI CAD Camp in West Palm Beach is available on my Flickr site.

No comments:

Post a Comment