Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Got to Meet James Cameron

I just returned from Anaheim, where I was covering the SolidWorks World conference, an event very similar to Autodesk University. I always enjoy attending this event and am grateful that the folks at SolidWorks invited me. The enthusiasm of the SolidWorks user community is amazing. Even with the slow economy, there were 5,000 people in attendance.

One of the high-points for me was a presentation on Tuesday morning by director James Cameron, this on the same morning that the Academy Award nominations were announced. After his keynote, Cameron met with members of the press and answered questions for more than 30 minutes. I was able to ask the second question, which elicited about a 5 minute response. Afterwards, Cameron met individually with most of the press in attendance, shook hands, posed for photos, and answered additional questions.

Needless to say, it was a real thrill.
Of course, I've also got things to report on the conference itself, but I'll save that for a subsequent posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment